With the arrival of summer comes the excitement of basking in the sun while enjoying outdoor activities, such as picnics and barbeques. Unfortunately, this warmer weather also attracts a variety of pests.
The last thing you want is these bugs flitting around your food and nibbling on your skin. So, how can you keep these pesky critters at bay? There are various preventative measures you can take to protect you and your loved ones from these unwelcome visitors. By following some simple tips and tricks, you can enjoy the benefits of summer without the intrusion of irritating pests.
6 Tips to Keep Insects Away This Summer
- Seal windows and doors: Sealing any gaps or cracks in your windows and doors can help keep pests from finding small openings into your home.
- Keep your kitchen clean: Be sure to store food properly, keep your counters clean, and wash dishes routinely. This eliminates food for insects to feed on.
- Avoid standing water: Be sure to put away pet food bowls when not in use, cover water storage containers, and check for standing water in barrels, pots, and other items in your yard. This can become a breeding ground for mosquitos.
- Install door sweeps: You can install a door sweep at the bottom of your door to seal the space between the bottom of your door and threshold.
- Keep landscape clean: By trimming shrubs and grass to keep them from becoming too unruly, you can eliminate grounds for insects to live.
- Use a door screen: Make sure your door screen is in good shape and if it’s old, install a new one. With household members and pets going in and out, an open door without a screen can let many insects in.
By following these tips, you can keep unwanted pests out of your home. However, sometimes the problem is too big or too stubborn to handle on your own. That's when it's time to call in the professionals at Pest Pros Pest Solutions.
With over 40 years of experience, our team of experts knows how to deal with ant, bee, cockroach, mosquito, and more pest problems effectively and efficiently. Let us help you reclaim your home from the pests and bugs that have invaded it.
Call today at (916) 588-9345 or contact us online.